Monday 27 December 2021
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
10 Things to Thank God for Daily
- A Saviour: Jesus died for us (John 3:16). He paid the price for our sin so that we didn’t have to. Jesus’ sacrifice is a beautiful example of how much God loves each of us.
- A fresh start: Every day is a new day (Lamentations 3:22-23). We have a God of grace whose mercies begin new every morning. Our past doesn’t define our future.
- A purpose: If you’re reading this, God is not done with you (Ephesians 2:10). He created you on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose. We are God’s handiwork, uniquely designed to carry out His plans.
- A beautiful world :God’s creativity is on display 24/7 (Nehemiah 9:6). How many times do we drive from point A to point B and never stop to witness the beauty of God’s creation?
- The ability to worship: We have the freedom to worship Jesus every day of the week (Psalm 100:4). We sing lullabies to our children and belt out our favorite music in the car, why would we not sing out to our Saviour?
- Peace in any circumstance: God does not promise that life will be easy, but He does promise us peace (John 14:27). When we take our eyes off our circumstances and focus on Him, He gives us peace.
- A full life :Jesus doesn’t want us to just endure life; He wants us to enjoy life. John 10:10 says Jesus came so that we could not only have life, but have it to the full.
- The Bible: The Bible doesn’t just speak of things in the past; it speaks to us today (Hebrews 4:12 and 2 Timothy 3:16). Through the Bible, God instructs us, encourages us, and guides us.
- The church: We don’t have to walk through life alone (Hebrews 10:24-25). The church is a community of people doing the best they can to follow Jesus’ example. In the church, we find the encouragement to grow in love and good deeds.
- A reason to hope: We serve a God who is not only a promise maker, but also a promise keeper (Numbers 23:19 and Romans 8:28). He promises to work all things together for our good. There is no greater hope than in a promise fulfiller who has conquered death.
(10 REASONS TO THANK GOD DAILY, Lauren Ayres)
Lets try and think of 10 more THING TO Thank God for in our lives and for the people around us.
Psalm 100 v 1-5
"Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty."