Discovery groups are a simple way of growing together and studying the bible, they are very reproducible and easy for anyone to lead as they are Facilitator not teacher led, and the reliance is on the Holy Spirit as the teacher. The Discovery Bible Study is a core part of a disciple making movement which as a church we are committed to doing: to take the good news of Jesus into our community and social networks
- How did you do with what you learned last week?
- What are you thankful for?
- What is the biggest challenge you are facing today?
- Do you know someone you could serve this week?
- What is God saying? (read and discuss a Bible passage)
- If this is God speaking, what will you do about it?
- With whom will you share what you learned this week?
Facilitate a Small Group
Gather some friends or family members or invite some other from MBC to form a group. New Groups are approximately 8 weeks long and you will receive training on how to use the Discovery Process for group meetings.
Being a Small Group Facilitator is a very promising way to help other people, including yourself, connect personally with God and others. Groups aren’t perfect and they take a little work, but they are so worth it!
Will you help yourself and others connect by facilitating a group?